Aciphex Sprinkle Overdose
Taking too much Aciphex Sprinkle (rabeprazole sprinkle) may cause blurred vision, confusion, and drowsiness. Although there have not been any reported cases of large overdoses with this drug, cases where up to 80 mg were taken did not cause any serious problems. Treatment for an overdose may involve administering certain medications and providing supportive care.
Aciphex® Sprinkle™ (rabeprazole sprinkle) is a prescription medication used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medication. As with any medication, it is probably possible to take too much Aciphex Sprinkle.
The specific effects of an overdose are mostly unknown. However, they would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Aciphex Sprinkle dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
At this time, there have been no reports of large overdoses occurring with Aciphex Sprinkle. Reported overdoses of up to 80 mg at a time did not cause any serious problems.
Based on reported symptoms of overdoses with other PPIs, possible symptoms caused by taking too much Aciphex Sprinkle may include:
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Flushing (sudden redness and warmth of the face, neck, and chest)
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Dry mouth.
In animal studies, giving very high doses of rabeprazole (the active ingredient in Aciphex Sprinkle) caused a variety of symptoms in rats and dogs, including: