Aciphex Sprinkle has been studied in children age 1 to 11 years old who have damage to the lining of the esophagus due to GERD. In these studies, Aciphex Sprinkle helped the damaged lining of the esophagus heal in 81 percent of the children after 12 weeks of treatment.
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Aciphex Sprinkle include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Aciphex Sprinkle should be taken on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before a meal.
- The capsules should be opened and sprinkled onto a small amount of room-temperature or colder liquid, or onto soft food like applesauce, baby food, or yogurt.
- Take your dose within 15 minutes of sprinkling the capsule contents. Do not set the mixture aside for later use.
- Do not chew or crush the granules contained inside the capsules. Swallow the mixture with the granules intact.
- Try to take Aciphex Sprinkle at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in the bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Aciphex Sprinkle your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- How you respond to this medication.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Aciphex Sprinkle Dosage for more information.)