More Details on Dexilant
Drug InteractionsDexilant can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Dexilant Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Low blood magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Dexilant and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Dexilant and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Dexilant Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?At this time, it is not clear exactly what to expect with an overdose. If you take too much of this medication, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Dexilant Overdose for more information.)