H2 Blockers: Drug Names and Overdose Information
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much of an H2 blocker may have overdose symptoms that could include, but are not limited to:
- Watery eyes
- Increased salivation
- Constricted pupils
- Changes in walking patterns
- Muscle tremors or shakiness
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Trouble breathing
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on an H2 blocker, seek medical attention immediately.
Some over-the-counter H2 blockers include:
- Cimetidine (Tagamet HB®)
- Famotidine (Pepcid AC®, Pepcid® Complete)
- Ranitidine (Zantac Acid Reducer®).