Considerations for people taking Kapidex include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Kapidex with food or on an empty stomach.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush the capsules.
- If absolutely necessary, the capsules may be opened and the contents sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be warm and should be eaten immediately without chewing.
- Be sure to take this medication at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- Your healthcare provider may recommend a lower Kapidex dosage if you have liver disease, such as hepatitis, liver failure, or cirrhosis.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.