Helpful Tips for Taking Kapidex
General considerations include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Kapidex with food or on an empty stomach.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush the capsules.
- If absolutely necessary, the capsules may be opened and the contents sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be warm and should be eaten immediately without chewing.
- Be sure to take this medication at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Kapidex that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Kapidex
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Kapidex Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, Kapidex can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Kapidex include, but are not limited to:
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (such as the common cold)
(Click Kapidex Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)