GERD Home > Aciphex Sprinkle Dosage
The prescribed dosage of Aciphex Sprinkle will depend on your weight and how you respond to the medication, among other factors. You can take this GERD medication for up to 12 weeks. It comes as capsules that must be opened up and sprinkled in liquid or on food and consumed on an empty stomach. This medicine is taken once daily.
The dose of Aciphex® Sprinkle™ (rabeprazole sprinkle) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- How you respond to Aciphex Sprinkle.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended Aciphex Sprinkle dose for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in children age 1 to 11 years old is based on the child's weight. The recommended dosage for children who weigh less than 15 kg (33 lbs) is 5 mg once a day. The amount may be increased to 10 mg once a day if needed. The recommended dose for children who weigh 15 kg (33 lbs) or more is 10 mg once a day.
Aciphex Sprinkle is only approved for use in children for up to 12 weeks. Talk to your child's healthcare provider before using the medication longer than this.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Aciphex Sprinkle include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Take Aciphex Sprinkle on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before a meal.
- The capsules should be opened and sprinkled onto a small amount of room-temperature or colder liquid, or onto soft food like applesauce, baby food, or yogurt.
- Take the dose within 15 minutes of sprinkling the capsule contents. Do not set the mixture aside for later use.
- Do not chew or crush the granules contained inside the capsules. Swallow the mixture without chewing.
- Try to take Aciphex Sprinkle at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in the bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Aciphex Sprinkle dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.