) is a prescription medication used to treat several conditions related to the esophagus, stomach, and intestines. It is part of a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
The effects of an Aciphex overdose are largely unknown, but they would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including how much of the drug was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, street drugs, or a combination of these.
If you happen to overdose on Aciphex, seek immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of an Aciphex Overdose
No cases of very large overdoses with Aciphex have been reported. In cases of modest overdoses, no symptoms were seen.
When very large doses of Aciphex were given to animals, the following symptoms occurred:
- Decreased activity
- Labored breathing
- Watery diarrhea
- Loss of life.
There is no specific antidote for people who take too much Aciphex. Dialysis is not useful for removing the drug from the blood. Treatment may include supportive and symptomatic care. These types of care involve carefully monitoring for problems and treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.