GERD Home > Aciphex Side Effects
The most common side effect of Aciphex is headache. Other possible side effects include vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. In postmarketing experience, a number of other side effects have been reported, including anemia, yellow skin, and pneumonia. However, it's hard to say any of these symptoms are actual side effects of the drug or merely a coincidence.
Possible Side Effects of AciphexAciphex has been studied extensively in clinical trials, with over 1,000 people worldwide having been evaluated. In these studies, side effects occurring in a group of people taking the drug are documented.
- Headaches -- up to 9.9 percent of people
- Diarrhea -- up to 4.5 percent
- Nausea -- up to 4.5 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 3.6 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 3.6 percent
- Pain (the type of pain was not specified) -- up to 3 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 3 percent
- Flatulence -- up to 3 percent
- Infection -- up to 2 percent
- Constipation -- up to 2 percent.