GERD Home > Aciphex
Aciphex is a medication that is licensed to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), erosive esophagitis, duodenal ulcers, and other conditions. This medication works by blocking the acid production sites, thus reducing the amount of acid in your stomach. Common side effects of Aciphex include headache, diarrhea, and nausea.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Erosive esophagitis
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infections
- Pathological hypersecretory conditions (such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
- Duodenal ulcers.
How Does It Work?
- Make heartburn and other GERD symptoms go away
- Allow damage to the esophagus to heal
- Give the stomach or intestines time to heal.