GERD Home > More Information on Nizatidine
- Kidney problems, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Axid and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Axid and Breastfeeding).
- Duodenal ulcers (ulcers in the very first part of the intestine after the stomach) -- nizatidine can be used to treat a duodenal ulcer and also to prevent ulcers from coming back.
- Gastric ulcers (stomach ulcers) -- nizatidine is approved to treat benign (non-cancerous) gastric ulcers.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) -- nizatidine helps treat GERD. The drug helps to relieve heartburn and heal esophagitis (damage to the esophagus) due to GERD.
- Acid indigestion
- Sour stomach.