GERD Home > Taking Pepcid Complete Safely
Drug Interactions With Pepcid CompletePepcid Complete can potentially interact with a few medicines (see Pepcid Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking Pepcid Complete if you have:
- Kidney problems, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any signs of bleeding in the digestive tract, such as blood in the stool, unusually dark stool, or vomiting up blood
- Heartburn for over three months (as this may be a sign of a more serious condition)
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- Chest pain, shoulder pain, shortness of breath, or other possible signs of a heart attack
- Wheezing, especially with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain).
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Famotidine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (Famotidine and Breastfeeding).