GERD Home > Generic Prevacid
There are currently generic versions of prescription Prevacid on the market. They come in two forms (capsules and orally disintegrating tablets) and two strengths. There are other prescription drugs belonging to the same class of medications as Prevacid (proton pump inhibitors) that may be effective alternatives. Also, there is a proton pump inhibitor available without a prescription (Prilosec) and an over-the-counter version of Prevacid (Prevacid 24HR).
Can I Buy Generic Prevacid?Prevacid® (lansoprazole) is a medication that has been licensed to treat a number of conditions, including:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Erosive esophagitis
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infections
- Pathological hypersecretory conditions (such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
- Stomach ulcers
- Duodenal ulcers
- Frequent heartburn.
Availability of Generic Prevacid
- Lansoprazole 15 mg capsules
- Lansoprazole 15 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Lansoprazole 30 mg capsules
- Lansoprazole 30 mg orally disintegrating tablets.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Teva Pharmaceuticals.