GERD Home > Basic Information on Prilosec
Drug InteractionsPrilosec can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Prilosec Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Prilosec?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking the drug if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low blood magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Prilosec and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Prilosec and Breastfeeding).
What If I Take an Overdose of Prilosec?People who take too much Prilosec may have symptoms that can include:
- Blurred vision
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sweating and flushing
- Dry mouth.