GERD Home > Generic Protonix
Currently, generic Protonix is available in two different strengths and in tablet form. The FDA has determined that the generic versions are equivalent to brand-name Protonix; however, generic drugs may contain different fillers, dyes, or other inactive ingredients that can cause problems for people with allergies or sensitivities.
An Introduction to Generic ProtonixProtonix® (pantoprazole sodium) is a medication that has been licensed to treat a number of conditions, including:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Erosive esophagitis
- Pathological hypersecretory conditions such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Pantoprazole 20 mg tablets
- Pantoprazole 40 mg tablets.
Who Makes Generic Protonix?
Currently, this medication is made by several companies, such as:
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Matrix Laboratories
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries