GERD Home > Protonix Drug Interactions
When medications such as iron salts, ampicillin esters, and ketoconazole are combined with Protonix, drug interactions could occur. As a result, the effectiveness of the medications may be decreased and your body could metabolize the drugs differently than intended. To prevent these and other problems, tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you take if prescribed Protonix.
- Atazanavir (Reyataz®)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- Digoxin (Digitek®, Lanoxin®)
- Certain diuretics, such as:
- Iron salts
- Ampicillin esters (bacampicillin, pivampicillin)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral®)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex®, Trexall®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).