GERD Home > Helpful Treatment Tips for Zegerid
General Information on Taking ZegeridSome considerations for people taking Zegerid include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule and powder form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Take this medication on an empty stomach with water only, at least one hour before eating anything. Most people find it easiest to take it either first thing in the morning or right before bed.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush the capsules. Do not open the contents and sprinkle on food.
- For the powder, empty the entire packet into a small cup containing one to two tablespoons of water. Stir well and drink immediately (the product makes a suspension; it will not completely dissolve). Add more water to the cup and drink this as well (to make sure you get all of the medication). Do not mix the packets with any other liquid, other than water.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.