GERD Home > Zegerid Dosage
If you are prescribed Zegerid, your dose will depend on several factors, such as the condition being treated, other medications you are taking, and other medical conditions you may have. Zegerid comes in capsule and powder form and is taken once a day. Take this medication on an empty stomach with water only, at least one hour before eating anything.
An Introduction to Dosing With ZegeridThe dose of Zegerid® (omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
This medication comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Zegerid 20 mg capsules -- 20 mg of omeprazole and 1100 mg of sodium bicarbonate
- Zegerid 40 mg capsules -- 40 mg of omeprazole and 1100 mg of sodium bicarbonate
- Zegerid 20 mg powder for oral suspension packets -- 20 mg omeprazole and 1680 mg sodium bicarbonate
- Zegerid 40 mg powder for oral suspension packets -- 40 mg omeprazole and 1680 mg sodium bicarbonate
- Zegerid OTC 20 mg capsules -- 20 mg of omeprazole and 1100 mg of sodium bicarbonate.
Note that two capsules of Zegerid 20 mg (or Zegerid OTC 20 mg) do not equal one Zegerid 40 mg capsule, due to the sodium bicarbonate content.
Zegerid Dosage for Duodenal Ulcers
The recommended dose for treating duodenal ulcers is Zegerid 20 mg once daily for four weeks.