GERD Home > More Details on Zegerid
Side Effects of ZegeridJust like any medicine, Zegerid can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
Drug InteractionsZegerid can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Zegerid Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Had heartburn for more than three months
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, dizziness, or sweating
- Chest pain, shoulder pain, or any other heart attack symptoms
- Frequent wheezing, especially with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Restrictions for a low-sodium diet
- An electrolyte imbalance or acid-base imbalance
- Low blood magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zegerid and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zegerid and Breastfeeding).