GERD Home > Zegerid Warnings and Precautions
If you have had heartburn for more than three months or have heartburn with dizziness, tell your healthcare provider before taking Zegerid. It is important to know that some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are similar to heartburn symptoms. Other warnings and precautions for Zegerid apply to people with certain allergies and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Beginning Treatment?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Zegerid® (omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate) if you have:
- Restrictions for a low-sodium diet
- An electrolyte imbalance or acid-base imbalance
- Had heartburn for more than three months
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, dizziness, or sweating
- Chest pain, shoulder pain, or any other heart attack symptoms
- Frequent wheezing, especially with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Low blood magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant