Metozolv ODT Dosage
When treating GERD or diabetic gastroparesis, Metozolv ODT dosing guidelines call for 10 or 15 mg, taken four times a day. In some cases, a single dose may be used to prevent symptoms from occurring in specific situations. The exact amount you are prescribed, however, will depend on several factors. In addition, the medication is only designed for short-term use (no longer than 12 weeks).
An Introduction to Dosing With Metozolv ODTThe dose of Metozolv™ ODT (orally disintegrating metoclopramide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated or prevented
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Metozolv ODT Dosage for Diabetic GastroparesisThe recommend dosage of Metozolv ODT for treating diabetic gastroparesis is 10 mg four times daily -- taken at least 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime -- for two to eight weeks.
Dose of Metozolv ODT for GERDThe recommended Metozolv ODT dosage for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is 10 or 15 mg four times daily, taken at least 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime. If symptoms occur only at a specific time of the day or only in response to certain foods or situations, a single dosage of 20 mg before the anticipated symptoms occur may be recommended, instead of taking it around-the-clock.
This medication is approved only for short-term treatment of GERD (up to 12 weeks).
General Information on Taking Your DosageSome considerations to keep in mind when taking Metozolv ODT include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of orally disintegrating tablets. The tablets are taken by mouth. Place the tablet on the tongue, let it dissolve, and then swallow. You do not need water to take the tablets.
- On average, it takes about one minute for the tablet to dissolve on the tongue.
- Metozolv ODT is usually taken four times a day, at least 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime. In some situations, less frequent dosing may be appropriate.
- Do not take this medication with food or during a meal, since this can decrease the drug's effectiveness.
- Metozolv ODT is not approved to be used longer than 12 weeks at a time. Taking the medication longer increases the risk of serious side effects.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Metozolv ODT dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.