Metozolv ODT Overdose
Possible signs of a Metozolv ODT overdose include disorientation, drowsiness, and seizures, although the exact effects can vary. Prompt medical treatment is necessary to prevent potentially dangerous, even life-threatening, conditions. Treatment options may include giving IV fluids, giving medications to counteract the drug's effects, and managing any other symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Can You Take Too Much Metozolv ODT?Metozolv™ ODT (orally disintegrating metoclopramide) is a prescription medication used for a few different purposes. As with most drugs, it is possible to overdose of Metozolv ODT. The specific effects of an overdose may vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Metozolv ODT dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Effects of a Metozolv ODT OverdosePeople who overdose on Metozolv ODT may experience the following symptoms:
- Extrapyramidal symptoms, such as:
- Unusual body, facial, or tongue movements
- Muscle tension or contractions
- Feelings of internal restlessness or jitteriness.
In newborns, a Metozolv ODT overdose can cause a dangerous condition known as methemoglobinemia.
Treating an OverdoseThe treatment for people who take too much Metozolv ODT will vary. In many cases, the symptoms will improve within a day or so, and the patient needs only to be monitored carefully. Treatment can also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV), if necessary
- Medications to control the extrapyramidal symptoms
- Other treatments based on the complications that occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention right away if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Metozolv ODT.