How to Take Metozolv ODT Safely
When and How to Take Metozolv ODTSome general considerations to keep in mind when taking Metozolv ODT include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of orally disintegrating tablets. The tablets are taken by mouth. Place the tablet on the tongue, let it dissolve, and then swallow. You do not need water to take the tablets.
- On average, it takes about one minute for the tablet to dissolve on the tongue.
- Metozolv ODT is usually taken four times a day, at least 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime. In some situations, less frequent dosing may be appropriate.
- Do not take Metozolv ODT with food or during a meal, since this can decrease the effectiveness of the medication.
- This drug is not approved to be used longer than 12 weeks at a time. Taking it longer than this increases the risk of serious side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Metozolv ODT your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Metozolv ODT Dosage for more information.)