Taking Pepcid AC Safely
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking Pepcid AC if you have:
- Kidney problems, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any signs of bleeding in the digestive tract, such as blood in the stool, unusually dark stool, or vomiting up blood
- Heartburn for over three months (as this may be a sign of a more serious condition)
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- Chest pain, shoulder pain, shortness of breath, or other signs of a heart attack
- Wheezing, especially with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Famotidine and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Famotidine and Breastfeeding).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you currently take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Pepcid Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take this medication.)