Prevacid 24HR Dosage
The standard recommended dosage of Prevacid 24HR is one 15-mg capsule, taken once a day for 14 days (repeated once every four months, if necessary). Some people, however, use this medication on a more long-term basis. If you are thinking of extending your course of treatment, consult your healthcare provider so serious causes for your heartburn symptoms can be ruled out.
An Introduction to Dosing With Prevacid 24HRThere is only one standard dosage for Prevacid® 24HR (lansoprazole). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Prevacid 24HR Dosage for Heartburn
The recommended Prevacid 24HR dose for treating heartburn is one 15-mg capsule, taken once daily in the morning for 14 days. Additional 14-day courses can be used once every four months. Do not use this medication continually without your healthcare provider's approval.
Although long-term use of Prevacid 24HR is not thought to be dangerous, your healthcare provider should rule out any serious causes for your heartburn symptoms if long-term use is necessary.
General Information on Your Prevacid 24HR DoseConsiderations to keep in mind when taking Prevacid 24HR include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day in the morning before eating.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush them.
- Be sure to take your dose of Prevacid 24HR at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Prevacid 24HR dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.