More Information on Prevacid 24HR
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dosage for Prevacid 24HR. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Prevacid 24HR Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Prevacid 24HRJust like any medicine, Prevacid 24HR can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects of Prevacid 24HR include but are not limited to:
(Click Prevacid 24HR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug Interactions With Prevacid 24HRPrevacid 24HR can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Prevacid 24HR Drug Interactions).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Prevacid 24HR if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Low blood magnesium (hypomagnesemia)
- Had heartburn for more than three months
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, dizziness, or sweating
- Chest pain, shoulder pain, or any other heart attack symptoms
- Frequent wheezing, especially with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Is Prevacid Safe During Pregnancy?)
- Breastfeeding (see Prevacid and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Prevacid 24HR Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)