Taking Prevacid SoluTab Safely
Some general considerations for when and how to take Prevacid SoluTab include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form and should be taken before eating.
- The Prevacid SoluTab should not be chewed. Place the tablet on the tongue and allow it to disintegrate, with or without water, until the particles can be swallowed. The tablet typically disintegrates in less than one minute. It is not recommended that Prevacid SoluTab be broken or cut to make a smaller dosage.
- The drug should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system.
- For Prevacid to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medicine will not work if you stop taking it.
- Prevacid SoluTabs should be stored at room temperature. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
- If you do not take your dose as scheduled, take your next scheduled dose at its regular time. Never take a double dose of Prevacid SoluTab.
The dosage of Prevacid SoluTab your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Prevacid Dosing for more information.)