Protonix Drug Interactions
When medications such as iron salts, ampicillin esters, and ketoconazole are combined with Protonix, drug interactions could occur. As a result, the effectiveness of the medications may be decreased and your body could metabolize the drugs differently than intended. To prevent these and other problems, tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you take if prescribed Protonix.
- Atazanavir (Reyataz®)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
- Digoxin (Digitek®, Lanoxin®)
- Certain diuretics, such as:
- Iron salts
- Ampicillin esters (bacampicillin, pivampicillin)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral®)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex®, Trexall®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).
More Information on Protonix Drug Interactions
The following sections explain in detail the potentially negative interactions that can occur when Protonix is combined with any of the drugs listed above.