Ensuring Safe Treatment With Reglan
Some considerations for people taking Reglan include the following:
- Reglan comes in tablet, oral solution (liquid), and injectable form. The tablets are usually taken four times a day (30 minutes before meals and at bedtime). In some situations, less frequent dosing may be appropriate.
- Make sure your healthcare provider knows if you have any kidney problems, since you may need a lower-than-normal Reglan dosage.
- Reglan is not approved to be used longer than 12 weeks at a time.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Reglan dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.