Zantac 15 mg
Zantac® (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often prescribed to treat conditions related to the esophagus, stomach, and intestines. It is available in several different forms and strengths, including:
- Zantac 150 mg tablets
- Zantac 300 mg tablets
- Zantac 25 mg EFFERdose® tablets
- Zantac 150 mg EFFERdose tablets
- Zantac 15 mg per mL syrup (75 mg per teaspoonful).
An over-the-counter version (which is approved for treating indigestion, heartburn, and sour stomach) is available in two strengths, including:
- Zantac 75 Acid Reducer -- containing 75 mg of medication
- Maximum Strength Zantac 150 Acid Reducer -- containing 150 mg of medication.
The recommended dose for the treatment of ulcers, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), and pathological hypersecretory conditions is Zantac 150 mg twice a day. For erosive esophagitis, the usual recommended dose is 150 mg four times a day.
(Click Zantac Dosage to find out how dosing works for children taking Zantac 15 mg syrup and for suggestions on when and how to use this medication.)