- This medication comes in capsule and powder form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Take this medication on an empty stomach with water only, at least one hour before eating anything. Most people find it easiest to take it either first thing in the morning or right before bed.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush the capsules. Do not open the contents and sprinkle on food.
- For the powder, empty the entire packet into a small cup containing one to two tablespoons of water. Stir well and drink immediately (the product makes a suspension; it will not completely dissolve). Add more water to the cup and drink this as well (to make sure you get all of the medication). Do not mix the packets with any other liquid, other than water.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Zegerid Dosage for more information.)